“In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.” ~Alfred Stieglitz

"I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence... I paint what cannot be photographed, that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive." ~Man Ray

I love taking pictures. As an artist, I constantly enjoy using a camera to capture and interpret things I see. Working for local newspapers in the Summer, I've honed my skills as a photojournalist. 

I love teaching not just about the technical aspects of exposure and lenses or about composition and the rule of thirds, but about the history of photography, innovative photgraphers and how to communicate effectively through imagery. I've been fortunate that several of my former students have become professional photographers.

Here you have examples of sports, nature, landscape, artistic and portrait photography. I hope you'll consider me if you need any photo-illustration, photojournalism or public relations photography. Maybe you'd even like to purchase prints of my work.

Iowa statue prevents me from profiting from taking Senior pictures withing my district- but if you don't attend Boyer Valley and would like to hire me, visit mal●com for my rates.