"When I get to heaven I mean to spend a considerable portion of my first million years in painting, and so get to the bottom of the subject..." ~Winston Churchill

September Colors, acyrilic on 3'x4'  canvas, NFS

I made this for my beautiful wife in 2014 but I really didn’t like it. The sky was okay but I had a boxy barn that looked like a toy and a clumsy oak tree that looked like broccoli 🥦. THIS time I feel like I managed to capture the rolling slopes of both Western Iowa and central California; the amber of corn, rust of soybeans and green of alfalfa peppered with the gold of grass and wildflowers and red orange of poppies. To me, this is the most beautiful month- keep your April, May and October. I’ve shared many times that the nicest people I know were born in September. I’ve crushed on some, dates a couple, been dear friends with many but God has blessed me with getting to marry and spend my life with the loveliest of them all. I hope viewers agree that this painting is pleasing and pleasant, familial, comfortable like worn jeans- yet fresh as a new morning. I rarely manage to capture these qualities in my artwork- my work is usually more dark, unsettled, snarky, silly or sharp.