“The life of a designer is a life of fight. Fight against the ugliness. Just like a doctor fights against disease. For us, the visual disease is what we have around, and what we try to do is cure it somehow with design.” ~Massimo Vignelli

When you work at a small school, Art teachers often become the in-house graphic designer for the district. Between my years as newspaper and yearbook advisor and managing the district newsletter and school website, I've learned a few things.

I've also worked for local newspapers part time and I've done a few freelance jobs here and there.  My clients include university publisher in Colorodo, an author in Key West, a rapper in L.A. and a design firm in Deleware. And of course I do stuff for my church and local 4-H club too.

I try my best to pass on what I learn, both from practice and research, to my students. I'm a firm believer that an understanding of design principles and visual literacy are vital for every student, not just those with drawing and painting skills and not just those who plan on pursuing a career in the visual arts.

Teachers can always use a little extra. So if you'd like to hire me for freelance work, please email me or visit mal●com or https://www.behance.net/tedmallory