I believe that my role as a teacher is to fulfill the individual needs of the students by supporting their own creative decisions and embracing their individuality giving them the confidence to take risks and make mistakes that always lead to bigger lessons. Art making is a reflection of their experiences and interests and having a rigid curriculum that expects the same results from each student seems inadequate when it comes to art education. With a more one-on-one approach to education, I give the students the opportunity to teach themselves based on their individual interests and skills. Each student falls in a different place on the spectrum of creativity and learning. Once they know their full potential, they can push themselves to be better and that is where the real learning takes place. By focusing on the individual student, I also encourage students to connect lessons to something that matters to them on a more personal level.  Art cannot be limited by a curriculum, it is rather a result of the student's hard work and passion for something that is their own.

My teaching philosophy is a mix of progressivism ,existentialism and reconstructionist philosophies. The students’ interests are important; integrated thinking, feeling and doing is very important. Learners should be active and learn to solve problems by reflecting on their experiences. The school should also help students develop personal and social values. Because society is always changing, new ideas are imporant to make the future better than the past. I also advocate for the importance of the individual and emphasis of individual choice. I believe that schools have the responsibility to transmit knowledge and a mission to transform society. Social activism, relevant issues and real life problems are welcomed and encouraged in my classroom.