As a young immigrant and very aware of my Colombian heritage, I relate to the struggles of learning a new language and identification in a new country that many young children face in America. This has influenced my dedication to encourage self-expression, identity development, and art dialogue through art-making everywhere I go. 

With these values in mind, in the past few years I have interned at Dell Children’s Medical Center, the Indigenous Cultures Institute, the ARC of the Capital Area,  Austin Independent School District, The Blanton Museum of Art and the University of Texas’ Child Development Center as an art educator. I completed my student teaching practice at Spring Branch Independent School district in both elementary and secondary placements in Spring 2018. I am also a former president of UT Artists in Action, a student-led philanthropy organization open to all majors that blends community outreach with the arts.

I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Art Studies in MAy 2018. I am a visual arts instructor for the Indigenous Cultures Institute and a fine arts practitioner for Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District.