Preschool: Fruit Loop Rainbows

I developed this lesson plan for preschoolers. Subsequent to reading the book Baby Bear Blue with my handmade puppet to the class, I had the kids create their own rainbows out of fruit loops after rearranging the colors in sensory sorting bins.

Kindergarten: Texas Bluebonnets

I developed this lesson plan for Kindergarten that allows them to explore three-dimensional forms and Texas culture by producing Bluebonnet sculptures.

First Grade: Greek Vases

I developed this lesson plan for First Grade for their Global Classical Era Unit that allows students to explore the history and culture of Ancient Greece by revisting pinch pots (a skill they learned in Kindergarten), but also expands on their skills by introducing coiling.

Second Grade: Chris Uphues Inspired Hearts

I developed this lesson plan for Second Grade for the month of Febuary. Instead of having students produce cutesy hearts for Valentines Day, I thought it would be more cognitively stimulating to look at the street artist Chris Uphues and create artwork inspired by his murals.

Third Grade: Medieval Castles

I developed this lesson plan for Third Grade that I created for their Middle Ages Unit. Students were introdcued to the Middle Ages and castles, and created three-dimensional structures with foam blocks that resembled castles as a table group. Afterwards, students drew their own castles and used a watercolor technique with washable Crayola markers.

Fourth Grade: Native American Dreamcatchers

I developed this lesson plan for Fourth Grade for their Native American Unit that teaches about early North American culture and introduces weaving by having students create dreamcatchers by weaving on CD's.

Fifth Grade: Stop Motion Animation

I developed this lesson plan for Fifth Grade in order to introduce the importance of technology in the art world. Students work together in groups to brainstorm and develop their own animated videos through the use of iMotion.