My philosophy of education is that all children are unique and must have a stimulating educational environment where they can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. It is my desire to create this type of atmosphere where students can meet their full potential. I will provide a safe environment where students are invited to share their ideas and take risks. Failing in the art classroom as a learning tool is beneficial, and I am focused on encouraging students to work though problems to find success. I aim to bring an open mind, a positive attitude, and high expectations to the classroom each day. I believe that I owe it to my students to bring consistency, diligence, and warmth to my job in the hope that I can ultimately inspire and encourage such traits in them as well.

Art education engages students in a different setting than a traditional classroom,and therefore allows for more open communication and expression. Emotions, in particular, are sometimes more easily expressed through creative means. Therefore, art education is able to give these students an outlet by which to respond to those emotions, to others, and to their environment. 

Ms. Woodard's "Recipe for Art Education Cake"

Ingredients:

• I cup of all-purpose patience
  • 1 cup of passion for art
  • 1/2 tsp. of compassion and warmth
  • 1/4 tsp. ground self-reflection
  • 1/3 cup enthusiam for education

• 3 tbs. of unsweentened humility
  • 1/4 cup of calmness
  • 1 drop of enegery, beaten
  • 1/2 tbs. of concious discipline
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped creativity
  • A dash of understanding 

Directions:

1. Line a cake pan with paper and get ready to create. Preheat your warm and caring heart to 375 degrees F. 

2. In a bowl mix together all-purpose patience, passion for art, compassion and warmth, self-reflection, and enthusiam for education. Set your great teacher qualities aside. 

3. In a medium saucepan. combine together unsweentened humility, calmness, and energy. Stir until combined. Once warm, grate in concious dicipline and stir until melted. Pour into a large bowl and mix in your great teacher qualities.

4. Pour complete misture into your pre-lined cake pan and bake in your warm and caring heart for 35-30 min.

5. Check cake to be sure that it is baked all the way though and top with chopped creativity and a dash of understanding

6. Enjoy your cake throughout your entire time teaching and take small bites when you feel weary and need a reminder of your value as an art educator.