Welcome to my Art Teaching Portfolio!

I have a passion for the creative process and a strong dedication to providing a quality art education and establishing high expectations for my students. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Rhode Island College with a Bachelor of Science in Art Education, where I received several awards and honors for academic, art, and teaching excellence. I then accepted a full-time position as a Secondary Art Teacher at Ponaganset High School in Rhode Island, where for the past five years I have taught visual arts to a diverse student population in grades nine through twelve. I have developed and implemented curriculum for a wide variety of introductory and advanced visual arts courses, including Graphic Design, Analog and Digital Photography, Foundations of Art, Drawing, and Ceramics.

I also have additional experience teaching visual arts at all stages of child development, including Pre-K, Elementary, and Secondary levels. Throughout my teaching career, I have embraced an interactive learning approach. I provide an active and dynamic setting for my students to explore through self-expression. Through art making and reflection, my students establish their own meaning of the creative process and outcome. I believe in every student's ability to learn, develop, communicate, and express his or herself. I hope to continue to use the knowledge and skills I have gained through my art teaching experiences to provide and implement a rigorous art education curriculum for my current and future art students.

Thank you so much for looking around my portfolio. I am thrilled to share some of the lessons I've developed as well as showcase my students' artwork. If you have any questions about my curriculum or work in general, please contact me at mcginnisart@yahoo.com

Erin McGinnis

Visual Arts Educator