DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
Students Learned about the 3D animation process:
- First the story is sketched out
- Character designers, set designers and color artists come together to create the look and the tone of the film
- Then it goes to the modeling department.
- They are responsible for creating every 3D shape you see in a animated movie
- Clay is used in the early building process
- Everything is built by hand before being scanned into the computer
- Together with sketches from the design department these 3D scans will become the armature and templates for the 3D animated model