My studio is in my home in Fairfax, Virginia. I am fortunate that I can work straight out of my home. I paint mostly with oil adding texture with various mediums and experimenting by adding uncommon materials such as cloth, plaster, or found objects. Texture is important to me as it adds another dimension and adds to the content of the painting.

Growing up in Berlin, Germany had connected me with the arts from an early age going to museums,

galleries, plays, and starting to study art in high school. All my family resides in Germany and my bond to my home country has never ceased to influence my life her in the States.

Teaching art is part of a passion of mine. I give private and small group lessons out of my home studio as well as teach art in the Fairfax county public school system.

Art has always given me a chance to resolve and deal with challenging as well as uplifting issues in my life. I see life as being part of a larger community within an environment that we need to take care of because we are living with in it. Nature themes are interwoven into my art and help me express personal as well as global issues.

I went to school for art and received a graduate degree  from Maryland Institute College of Art and a BA degree from UMBC.