Welcome to SummerVision 2019!
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes
but in having new eyes. --Marcel Proust
SummerVision DC 2019, taking place in 8 art museums in the nation's Capitol, is designed to:
- Build a summer professional learning community for art and non-art educators throughout the United States and beyond;
- "Nurture the nurturer" by meeting educators’ needs for summer professional renewal through art-based, location-specific expeditionary learning in critical response and creative expression;
- Read the NAEA book The Museum Experience: The Discovery of Meaning by Carole Henry;
- Partner with art museums, to showcase best practices in critical response to art while enhancing creativity through visual journaling;
- Utilize research skills through a balanced, interdisciplinary Form+Theme+Context (FTC) Palette to decode Museums and Works of Art to enhance visual learning;
- Engage art teachers and other educators in creating visual journals that foster creative expression, document aesthetic experience and generate teaching ideas;
- Develop leadership, pedagogical, research, and artistic skills to be shared with home school system, other educators, and students;
- Continue the professional community learning on-line, utilizing the NAEA website and Facebook as well as periodically convening at NAEA/state conventions and area museum events.