The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes
but in having new eyes. --Marcel Proust
SummerVision DC 2019
The Museum Experience: Exploring Form+Theme+Context (FTC)
Join a professional learning community and spend four, art-filled days in Washington, DC, exploring permanent collections, current exhibitions, and the museum itself--as a work of art!
- Study and network with a community of art educators from all over the United States and beyond;
- Rediscover art in museums through The Museum Experience while actively advancing visual literacy, artistic literacy, and critical thinking skills for PK-12 classroom applications;
- Study diverse perspectives for understanding how the Form+Theme+Context (FTC) of works of art and artifacts shape layers of meaning;
- Use interdisciplinary research and pedagogy to engage in object-specific strategies that deepen learners’ engagement within classroom and museum settings;
- Experience object-specific strategies, visual journaling, interactive discussion of readings, and hands-on learning to complement your learning experiences.
With your most comfortable walking shoes and sun hat, please join one or both of SummerVision 2019unique expeditions into at eight Washington, DC art museums!